Department of Emergency, Accident & Trauma Care
Medical & Surgical emergencies, Accident and Trauma care unit is headed by Dr. A.F. David B.Sc.,MBBS.,FWACO,the Chief Medical Officer and staffed by dedicated emergency Physicians, specialists in various fields, Trauma Trained Paramedics, nurses, helpers and ambulance personnels provide round the clock service. Trauma care is effitiently managed by Dr. Nandhakumar MBBS and Dr. Anand MBBS., under the supervision of Dr. C.P. Sreekumar MS (Gen).,M.Sc (Ortho)., and Dr. Sivaraman MS.,(Ortho). This unit is fully equipped Trauma resuscitation centre with ventilators, monitors, oxygen, suction and emergency medicines to perform emergency life saving procedures. When emergency cases comes initial treatment is given immediately to stabilize the patient and then transfered to ICU or other respective wards.
In-house facilities to handle all kinds of Emergencies:
- 20 bedded State of the Art Intensive Care Unit equipped with ventilators, invasive and non-invasive BIPAP machine, infusion pumps, blood gas analyzers, haemodialysis, pace maker, pulse oximeter etc. This unit is managed by Dr.P.C. Vijayakumar MB.,DA.,DNB.,MNAMS.,Senior Intensivist & Anaesthesiologist & other experienced doctors.
- Nurse : Patient ratio is 1 : 1 for trauma patients
- Computerized health care information system tracks the flow of patient care.
- Strict infection control measures and disposal systems.
- Always result oriented, experienced & qualified doctors round the clock.
- Well equipped surgical theatres
- Advanced radiology department for CT/USG/X-ray and other image diagnostic facilities available round the clock.
- 24 hours clinical laboratories with prompt service.
- 24 hours Pharmacy
- Cardiac Cath Lab
- Fully equipped Gastroenterology unit where banding, endoscopy and ERCP done.
- In house training sessions for paramedics and etc.